Every celebration needs a staple recipe! We have partnered with Monin® to bring you these mouthwatering BOLD BLACK CHERRY ESPRESSO BBQ WINGS, created using Joffrey’s Valor Blend® as a coffee rub. It is a meal that will be sure to become a Summer favorite!
The spirit of Valor inspired Joffrey’s to create this exclusive craft roast coffee to support our Armed Forces and to be a true representation of their strength and character. And to honor our military and our belief in giving back, we donate $1 from each bag of Joffrey’s Valor Blend® sold to the TASK FORCE DAGGER FOUNDATION. Task Force Dagger’s mission is to provide immediate aid to wounded or ill U.S. Special Operations Command personnel and their families. Independence Day is the perfect time to try out this delicious recipe. We thank you for your support and we wish you a safe and happy holiday! Click Here to Purchase Joffrey’s Valor Blend®.
JOFFREY’S VALOR BLEND COFFEE RUB
4 tsp. Joffrey’s Valor Blend Coffee, finely ground
4 tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
BLACK CHERRY ESPRESSO GOLD BBQ SAUCE
2 cups mustard style BBQ sauce
1 cup Monin® Black Cherry Fruit Puree
1/4 cup Monin® Espresso Concentrate
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix until combined.
- Place into a container and refrigerate until use.
BOLD BLACK CHERRY ESPRESSO BBQ WINGS
1 lbs. Pig Wings
1 lbs. boneless pork shoulder roast
1 batch Joffrey’s Coffee Rub
1 batch Monin® Black Cherry Espresso BBQ Sauce
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees. Using either Hickory or Applewood.
- Cut boneless pork shoulder into 1 inch thick slices and then cut each of those slices 1 inch thick again.
- In a large bowl combine your cut pork and Joffrey’s Coffee Rub and mix by hand until thoroughly coated.
- Place on your smoke and allow to smoke for between 1 and 1 1/2 hours or until they register at least 165° F. when the thickest piece is checked.
- Remove from heat.
- Place in a heatproof bowl and add Monin® Black Cherry Espresso BBQ Sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve and Enjoy!