Looking to brew coffee at home the same way as Roastmaster Chris? We’ve got you covered. Here are the full details on the essential items our Head Roastmaster uses to make his coffee at home:
To re-create Chris’s favorite brewing technique for your at-home coffee, all you will need is:
- Fresh Coffee (whole bean or french press grind)
- Check out our selection of roast to order coffees online. From blends, single origin, flavored, and organic – we’ve got a coffee for every palate!
- Airtight Container
- Storing your coffee in an airtight container in a cool, dark place helps to keep the coffee fresh for a longer time, locking in the flavors.
- If grinding your own beans at home, be sure to use a grinder made for coffee beans and grind the beans to a coarser, French Press grind. Fine grounds can result it a bitter taste and can clog the French Press filter.
- Hot Water Kettle
- Electric hot water kettles are perfect for heating water for a French Press, as it allows you to control the temperature exactly to the degree – water that is too hot can cause the grounds to burn.
- Bodum French Press
- Not only the preferred brewing method of our Roastmaster, but the French Press has long been the simplest and ultimate way of brewing an excellent cup of coffee.
- Joffrey’s Stainless Steel Tumbler
- Keep your coffee hot long after it’s brewed with our 22oz travel tumbler, made of stainless steel that is vacuum insulated with a double wall construction.
Need a lesson on how to brew your coffee using a French Press? Check out our step-by-step instructions on our blog.
Share your coffee creations with us by tagging us on social media and using #JoffreysMoments!