Looking to make your own version of Joffrey’s beverages at home but missing some equipment or ingredients? We understand that not everyone has a collection of items such as flavored syrups, an espresso machine, and a milk steamer. We want to be sure that you can still create a delicious Joffrey’s inspired beverage!
We’ve gathered some of the most common substitutions and several coffee hacks you can put to the test and adjust to your liking!
No flavored syrups?
- No problem! Add a little sugar and a teaspoon (add more to taste if needed) of vanilla, almond or peppermint extract. Looking for something a little sweeter? Try a teaspoon of maple syrup!
No espresso maker?
- Use your drip coffee maker to make a stronger brew (more grounds, less water).
No milk steamer?
- Steamed milk is essentially just heated milk – at home this can be done in the microwave or on the stovetop. The goal is to heat the milk to approx. 150ºF (you want the milk hot but not boiling or bubbling).
No milk frother?
- Pour cold milk into a mason jar (about one third full), screw on the cap and shake it until the milk doubles in volume. Then, put the milk in the microwave for about 45 seconds until foamy.
No flavored coffee but looking to spice it up?
- Try adding cinnamon, nutmeg or cocoa powder to your coffee grounds for some extra flavor.
Share your creations and coffee hacks with us by tagging us on social media and using #JoffreysMoments!