Whether near or far, celebrate with caffeinated moments this Father’s Day.
To celebrate all fathers and father-figures, we’ve put together a Father’s Day Gift Guide filled with the perfect go-to caffeinated gifts and information on coffee Dad will love.
Many coffee drinkers (even Dad!) are unaware of Colombia’s coffee producing history. For many years, many commercial coffee brands had blends that consisted primarily of Robusta beans, while Colombia was solely producing Arabica beans, making it one of the most specialized and sought-after growing regions. Colombian coffee is known to be one of the “richest” coffee in the world.
It is now the second largest producer of Arabica coffee in the world and because of this they have founded a government program (F.N.C. – Federation Nacional de Cafeteros) to help support coffee producers and oversee quality and exporting within the country. Colombia has had its fair share of farming challenges as a result of a common coffee leaf rust called “Roya”, but has since adapted with disease resistant trees with help from the F.N.C. This showcases how resilient this growing region is and the dedication the country has to growing superior coffee.
Processing mill and coffee trees depicted in above photo. Photo Credit: Chris de Mezzo.
Because of Colombia’s rich growing history and superior beans, we have sourced a special coffee from Colombia this year. This single origin, medium roasted coffee comes from a microlot, a very small area of a farm producing above average quality beans, on the Ever Chavez Farm in Nariño, Colombia. This is a Caturra coffee varietal, grown at 2,100 ft. altitude, delivering an intriguing aroma with a well-balanced acidity, and delicate notes of apricot, grape & orange.
Continue reading below for a gift guide and recipe, created just for dad!
- A medium roast with an intriguing aroma, well-balanced acidity, and delicate notes of apricot, grape & orange.
- A microlot is a plot of land smaller than the farm’s average production area, which is dedicated to growing coffee of exceptional quality.
- Enjoy a delicious cup of coffee every time with this classic brewing method – and the perfect way to enjoy the apricot, grape and orange taste notes of our Colombia Microlot.
- New to the French Press? Learn how to brew using this method here.
- This gift set includes a Disney Specialty Coffee Collection fan-favorite, Joffrey’s Kona Blend (1 lb./16oz) and a beautiful 22-ounce stainless steel tumbler with an elaborate body design. Perfect for hot and cold beverages.
- 1/2 oz. Monin® Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 1/2 oz. Monin® White Chocolate Sauce
- 8 oz. Joffrey’s Colombia Microlot
- 1 oz. Half & Half
- Whipped Cream
- Gold Candy
- Pour ingredients into serving glass in order listed
- Add garnish
- Serve and enjoy!