Joffrey’s Hibiscus Breeze TEA MargaritaAre you fantasizing about sunsets on the beach and the wind playfully whisking through your hair? We are too. That’s why we’ve taken a classic margarita recipe and transformed it into a mid-spring’s dream by adding Joffrey’s Hibiscus Breeze tea. This blend is a mild white tea with hibiscus, which adds floral and tart flavors to this already perfect drink. For a little extra sweetness, we added a house made simple syrup. We don’t know about you, but the best tea company in the world… is in love.
What You’ll NeedJoffrey’s Hibiscus Breeze Tea Simple Syrup
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 2-3 sachets Joffrey’s Hibiscus Breeze Tea
- Cocktail shaker
- 2 oz. Hibiscus simple syrup
- 1 large lime, juiced (about 3 tbsp)
- 1 oz. Hibiscus tea (brewed)
- 2 oz. tequila of your choice
- Rim with coarse salt
- Lime wedges for garnish
- To make the hibiscus simple syrup, start by heating 3/4 cups water and 3/4 cup sugar in a pot (Psssst! Do not let the water boil – you don’t want to burn the sugar). Then add 2 of Joffrey’s Hibiscus Breeze Tea bags and steep for 10 minutes. You can start with two and add a third for extra color or tartness if you prefer.
- Strain into a glass bottle (we have pour spouts on hand, but they certainly aren’t necessary) and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- To make two margaritas, add ice, cooled hibiscus simple syrup, fresh squeezed lime juice, chilled Joffrey’s Hibiscus Breeze Tea and tequila into your cocktail shaker and shake vigorously to combine.
- Wet the rims of the glasses with lime juice and dip in salt (we like coarse salt the best). Add fresh ice to fill half of each glass. Strain the margaritas into your prepared glasses, add a lime wedge for garnish or for extra bite and enjoy!
- You can store the hibiscus syrup in the fridge for up to one week!
Joffrey’s Orange Honeybell Tea Party PunchPunches are the ultimate crowd pleaser. There are so many fun ways to showcase them with interesting ingredients like fruits and sherbets. Not to mention, punch bowls are a great way to satiate bigger groups, with a lot less work. An entertainer’s best friend, if you will! A tall glass of iced tea is the traditional way to cool off in the spring heat, but we’re taking it a step further. Introducing Joffrey’s Orange Honeybell Tea Party Punch. An adult-approved twisted tea punch for your next festive gathering. This recipe makes one medium punch bowl.
- 4 cups vodka
- 2 cups brewed Joffrey’s Honeybell Orange Loose Leaf Tea
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups club soda (can substitute for lemon/lime soda if preferred)
- Citrus fruit slices for garnish
- Plenty of ice
Making the Punch
- To make the tea, bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add ¾ cup Joffrey’s Honeybell Orange tea (in loose-leaf form), stir in and remove from heat. Let steep for 10 minutes, strain with a fine mesh strainer and refrigerate for 30 minutes. You’ll want the tea to be nice and cold for your punch!
- In a punch bowl or drink dispenser, layer fruit slices and ice to fill half way.
- Add chilled tea, juice, soda and vodka.
- Stir and serve in mason jars with extra fruit slices for added flavor and color. Because everything is better in a mason jar.